WAYNE RICHARD: The burning desire to make it happen
It was so great to chat with Wayne Richard! He was an accountant for 16 years for large corporations until he started his own business, a cloud-based bookkeeping company, Prescribed Bookkeeping. He did that around the same time that triplets were coming into his life and his answer to what the beginning of his entrepreneurial life was like still gives me goosebumps! When people were questioning his judgement to live life by his design, him and his wife made the decision to keep going towards their dreams. This journey required some life adjustments but this path is something that allowed them to focus on what really matters in life.
In this episode, we talk about tying your self-worth to corporate roles, the early on struggles of becoming an entrepreneur, the importance of family, the burning desire of making things happen, and the feeling of “I have to do this for myself and my family.” He also shares with us the one thing small business owners and solo-preneurs can do better when it comes to bookkeeping.
TAKING ACTION: Take charge of your life.Think about the things that are really important in your life, and design your life around those things.
“Your success will be defined by the people you meet and the books you read.“
- What was your day job before you started your own business? (2:15)
- How long have you had your own business? (7:00)
- How was the beginning of having your own business? (7:15)
- “My first clients came from…” (9:45)
- Wayne talks about family (13:30)
- Were you afraid of what your friends and family were going to judge your decision? (14:50)
- Tying your self-worth to corporate roles (15:15)
- Have any of the naysayers came back to you and asked “How did you do it?” (19:10)
- What’s the one thing small business owners and solo-preneurs could do better bookkeeping-wise? (22:50)
- We talk about being cautious with money (26:00)
- Identifying seasons in business (28:20)
- Have you always wanted to be an entrepreneur? Or you were forced into it? (29:45)
- What was holding you back from making it happen? (34:00)
- Quote of the day [above] (7:55)
FOLLOW WAYNE RICHARD
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
You are here for a reason. Maybe you feel stuck with your idea, maybe you feel like you don’t belong, maybe you know something needs to change but you don’t know what.
This is what the Dusk to Dawn podcast is all about.
Subscribe to get the latest episodes and subscriber’s only bonuses.
Welcome to the community 🙂